THE BEST 12+ school entry test skills
Whilst the following entry test skills and qualities are valuable, each school might prioritize different aspects in their selection process.
- Academic Excellence: Strong grades and standardized test scores are often baseline requirements for top schools. Students should excel in core subjects like math, science, language arts, and humanities.
- Extracurricular Activities: Participation and leadership roles in clubs, sports, arts, community service, or other extracurricular activities demonstrate a well-rounded personality and commitment beyond academics.
- Passion and Commitment: Showing dedication and focus in a particular area of interest, whether it’s music, sports, debate, coding, or any other pursuit, can be impressive to admissions officers.
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving: Schools value students who can think critically, solve problems creatively, and apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios.
- Effective Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Essays, interviews, and interpersonal skills often play a significant role in the selection process.
Public School test practice guides
- Our independent school practice tests (ISEB, CEM and GL).
- Plus, our independent school entry 16+ test practice papers.
- And then please do try our top CEM test practice papers.
- Plus, why not next try our free private school schemes.
- Also we recommend our best ISEB test practice And then next, which are my closest top London private schools?
- Plus, the best ISEB test practice for independent schools and our Private School Scholarship Exams 11+ and 13+.