Welcome to MOSIAC.FIT‘s Hybrid Teamwork development feature
with specialist contributions from Rob Williams Assessment.
How to Do Hybrid Teamwork development
Virtual teams are a necessity in today’s world of work and this has become even more pronounced since the coronavirus outbreak. However, scientific evidence shows virtual teams deal with more challenges than face-to-face teams, because they must rely on electronic communications, have less things in common, and potentially less overlap of working hours.
Some of these challenges can be mitigated by:
- Encouraging the use of rich media for communication
- Synchronising work schedules as far as practical
- Mitigating the effect of physical distance where possible.
Best practice Hybrid Teamwork development
HR practitioners and managers can also consider other actions to help their virtual teams be more effective by:
Building team cohesion and trust through:
- Investing in team building
- Protecting the team from negative behaviour
- Being mindful about sharing negative feedback
Ensuring there is effective information sharing by:
- Proactively diversifying the information shared within the team
- Building up the team’s transactive memory system
- Holding debriefing sessions
Teaching teams how to work together and coordinate, including:
- Setting up teamwork training sessions
- Clarifying roles, including that of coordinator
- Providing tools for coordination
- Coordinating the team’s communication
Establishing the right team leaders by:
- Finding the leader best suited for the challenge
- Identifying humble team leaders.
Rob Williams latest book
Are you chasing a job that you really want, but need to take a verbal reasoning test to get it? With the help of this book, you’ll sharpen your skills and quickly become confident in your ability to pass.
Brilliant Passing Numerical Reasoning Tests book – also available for download from the Apple Store.
hybrid teamwork development