Welcome to Mosaic.
Our skills assessment designs
- Firstly, some examples of our top situational judgment test designs.
- Secondly, our values situational and competency values-based assessment designs.
- Thirdly, top aptitude test design projects.
- Also, our customised leadership assessment projects and pre-employment sift designs.
- Plus, our emotional intelligence assessment designs.
- And then next, our top bespoke personality assessment design projects.
- Finally, standardised school Assessment designs.
Day in the Life for other emergency services careers
- Firefighter Day in the LIfe
- Situational judgement test practice fire service
Day in the life of a Firefighter
Welcome to our Firefighter career guide.
How to become a firefighter
(1) Entry-level requirements
One can undertake Level 2 or 3 Diploma in the public services for applying for the position of a Firefighter. Entry requirements also include at least 2 GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D) or any equivalent requirement for level 2 course. 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) or any equivalent requirement would be needed for level 3 course. One also has to pass an online test for the assessment of judgement ability in real work settings and reading and number tests.
The job duties of a firefighter include inspection and maintenance of equipment and undertaking practice drills for fire services. It also has to be responsive to emergency calls and rescue people, and animals from accidents sides and burning buildings. They also have to deal with floods and bomb alerts and put out property fires. They also inspect buildings for ensuring that they are meeting regulations of fire safety.
(3) Career path
A Firefighter can work its way up to being a crew manager or station manager with experience and training. One can also move between different services and become a Brigade manager or area manager. You can undertake professional qualifications to become a member of the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE).
(4) Job opportunities
Apprenticeship vacancies are available on online job portals and ‘Find an apprenticeship service’ can be helpful to find firefighter related jobs and getting alerts about new apprenticeships.
(5) Where to find more information
Aptitude test practice books
Rob Williams’s five practice aptitude test books are all available on Amazon: Firstly, in our opinion, Brilliant Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests is the best aptitude test practice book for Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests. Secondly, in our opinion, Brilliant Passing Numerical Reasoning Tests is the best aptitude test practice book for Passing Numerical Reasoning Tests.
Feedback Now! Our 10-Min Tests with immediate feedback
For more practice try our Paper & Pencil Tests with Answers on a separate sheet available for download.
Free Aptitude Test Practice