Welcome to our feature on developing your CAT4 skill set.
RECOMMENDED FREE test CAT4 Resources
We now focus on GL Assessment’s CAT4 test specifically:
- Firstly, here’s School entrance Tests‘ top CAT4 practice tests.
- Secondly, the BEST Year 11 CAT4 practice tests for sixth form entry 2024.
- Thirdly, our Year 7 CAT4 test prep.
- And then CAT4 tests FOR EVERY SCHOOL AGE PUPIL.
- Finally, why not try our advanced practice CAT4 papers to help you pass your 2024 CAT4 assessment.
CAT4 verbal reasoning Practice Test Guides for each school age group
Here are the respective CAT4 Year level links below
- Firstly, 9+ CAT4 Level A practice papers for Year 4.
- Secondly, CAT 4 Level B test practice for Year 5.
- Thirdly, 11+ CAT4 Level C practice papers for Year 6.
- Then, CAT4 Level D test practice for Year 7.
- Next, Level E CAT4 test practice for Year 8.
- And Level F CAT4 test practice for Years 9 and 10
- Finally, our Level G CAT4 test practice for Year 11.
Interpreting the Verbal Reasoning Thinking Styles of pupils
- The CAT4 Verbal Reasoning Battery necessarily requires some reading ability. However, CAT 4 limits the reading requirements to a modest level throughout.
- Hence, the vocabulary demands of the CAT4 Verbal Analogies and CAT4 Verbal Classification tests have been kept as low as possible.
- Consequently, scores on the CAT4 Verbal Reasoning Battery will usually reflect students’ ability to use words as a medium of thought.
- The exceptions will be when students have poor reading skills or grew up apart from mainstream UK society.
- All the instructions for the CAT 4 batteries are presented orally to students. So any influence of reading skills is limited solely to the items in the CAT4 Verbal Reasoning Battery.
What do the other three CAT4 batteries assess?
The CAT4 Verbal Reasoning Battery assesses reasoning ability with words representing objects or concepts. The CAT4 assessments in this CAT4 battery do not focus on the physical properties of the words themselves, such as the alphabetical position of their first letters.
Likewise, the CAT4 Quantitative Reasoning Battery assesses reasoning with numbers, with the numbers representing the relevant numerical concept, rather than being used for their physical properties such as whether they consist of two digits or one.
The CAT4 Nonverbal Reasoning and CAT4 Spatial Ability Batteries are somewhat different in that the shapes themselves are the focus of the assessment rather than the shapes symbolising something else.
Our most popular CAT4 resources:
- Firstly our CAT 4 test section explanations.
- Secondly, what CAT4 results mean for your child’s education?
- Thirdly, GL Assessment’s excellent introductory video explaining exactly what are CAT4 based Gifted Children Programs?
- And then next we published our introductory guide called, What is the CAT 4?
- Also, we offer a guide to the different type of questions in the CAT4 test.
Top CAT4 test preparation
If our free CAT 4 resources are not what you need, then please search here:
Mosaic’s free CAT4 skills resources
- CAT4 verbal reasoning test practice
- verbal reasoning CAT4 skills
- Comparing CAT4 skills with SAT skills
- Assessing pupils reasoning via their CAT 4 skills
- Practice Quantitative reasoning CAT4 skills
- CAT4 non-verbal reasoning test practice
- How does CAT4 scoring work
- CAT4 assessment’s key features
- Practice CAT 4 spatial reasoning skills
- Discover your CAT4 skillset
- Interpreting pupils’ cognitive CAT4 skills
CAT4 test, CAT 4 and CAT sample test.
CAT 4 practice test and CAT example questions.